IPPNY to Hold 36th Annual Spring Conference on May 18
Offshore Wind and Battery Storage Featured
Albany, NY – The Independent Power Producers of New York (IPPNY) invite members of the press to attend as guests for our 36th Annual Spring Conference and Showcase, featuring a keynote address from Elliot Mainzer of the California Independent System Operator, as well as featured speaker Johannes Pfeifenberger of the Brattle Group. There will also be a panel discussion on offshore wind and battery storage featuring a group of expert panelists within the energy sector.
What: IPPNY’s 36th Annual Spring Conference and Showcase
When: Wednesday, May 18, 2022, 8:45 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Where: Albany Capital Center, 55 Eagle Street Albany, NY 12207
Who: IPPNY is pleased to welcome the following confirmed speakers:
- Elliot Mainzer, President & CEO of the California Independent System
- Johannes Pfeifenberger, Principal, The Brattle Group
- Hon. Kevin Parker, Senator and Chair of Senate Committee on Energy and Telecommunications
- Hon. Michael Cusick, Member of Assembly and Chair of Assembly Committee on Energy
- Rory Christian, Chair and CEO of the NYS Public Service Commission
- Offshore wind and battery storage panelists: NYSERDA President & CEO Doreen Harris, IPPNY’s Gavin Donohue, Fred Zalcman from the New York Offshore Wind Alliance, Emilie Nelson of the NYISO, Shane Ogren from Macquarie Capital, and Beth Treseder of Equinor.
For more information, please visit our website at www.ippny.org.
IPPNY is an Albany-based trade association representing the competitive power supply industry in New York State. IPPNY Members generate more than 60 percent of New York’s electricity using a wide variety of generating technologies and fuels including hydro, nuclear, wind, coal, oil, natural gas and biomass. They have invested over $10 billion in their facilities and employ over 10,000 people. Annually, they pay over $1.5 billion in property taxes and invest more than $55 million in their communities.